10 Bad Cyclists Making Life Difficult For HGV Drivers
HGV drivers seem to get the blame when it comes to accidents involving cyclists. The government has come up with lots of regulations and schemes to try and make inner city roads safer for cyclists and have even considered banning HGVs from turning left and banning HGVs from the roads during rush hour.
Any ideas that help make roads safer for cyclists and HGVs are always welcomed, but perhaps more emphasis needs to be put on the cyclists and not always on the driver.
Many cyclists are unaware of the dangers of HGVs and some cyclists (not all) have no regard for the highway code or road laws.
Educating cyclists of the potential dangers will go a long way in cutting down the amount of accidents and enforcing road laws on cyclists as well would help.
Here are some examples of bad cyclists making life difficult for HGV drivers.
1) This bad cyclists has no regard for his own safety as he speeds through a bus lane and cuts in front of a HGV.
2) This silly cyclist tries to overtake a bus and almost gets sandwhiched between the bus and a HGV, making stupid decisions like this can get you killed, he isn't even wearing a helmet.
3) One of the most dangerous things a cyclist can do is cut up a HGV on the inside when it is signaling to turn left. There is a queue of cyclists waiting in this drivers blind spot ready to cut him up one doesn't even have a helmet.
4) This bad cyclist doesn't care about the road laws, knowingly going straight through a red light watched on by sensible cyclists who shake their heads at his behaviour.
5) Cyclist has a near miss with a HGV turning left. Bad placement of the cycle lane perhaps?
6) This cyclist is a repeat offender, delibratley going through red lights and putting himself and other road users at risk. This is a prime example of a bad cyclist who needs to be held responible.
7) This video was recorded on 'Cycle to work day'. Two cyclists trying to undertake a lorry and quickly run out of road. If you do not want to end up squashed think twice before trying to pass a lorry on the left.
8) This video shows countless cyclists going through red lights in London, this is the kind of evidence that proves cyclists need top be held accountable for breaking road laws.
9) HGV indicating left on a green light and a stream of cyclists undertake. The excuse ''I didn't see it'', the cyclist may not have seen the HGV indicating but he would have felt it had he been 2 seconds later.
10) This final video is a compilation of bad cyclists caught on camera. All in London and all breaking the UK road laws. How are HGV drivers suppose to carry out their jobs safely with this happening on London's roads? No wonder why most HGV drivers would welcome a ban in London.
Most cyclists are sensible when out on the road but there are some that are just dangerous. It isn't always the HGV drivers fault.