Innovation, Performance + Reliability since 1919
Founded in Blackburn in 1919, W.H. Bowker Limited grew rapidly to become one of the UK's premier transport specialists with a reputation for the highest levels of service and an innovative approach to industry's transportation needs.
During the late 1950s and early 60s, as UK manufacturers became increasingly successful in exporting their goods overseas, W.H. Bowker International Limited was formed to satisfy the demand for a reliable transport service to the Continent. The continuing success and expansion of our European operation led to the opening of our depot in Hull in 1973.
In 1989, the Group diversified its activities with the acquisition of Clock Garage (Accrington) Ltd - the authorised BMW dealership for N.E. Lancashire followed shortly after by the addition of Kinders Ashton Garage Limited - the authorised BMW dealership for Central Lancashire. The Dealerships, which have since relocated to larger, more prestigious developments in Preston Docklands and Trident Park - Blackburn now trade as 'Bowker BMW'.
More recently, Bowker Vehicle Contracts was established to provide specialist contract hire and vehicle management services to clients throughout the UK.